Our homes are a reflection of our personalities. I truly feel that letting go allows abundance to flow! It also creates a sense of feeling your freedom on an entirely different level! Did you know there are actually psychological benefits to decluttering your home? There is!
Let go and let God in!
I used to LOATHE cleaning! Now, I have incorporated my cleaning routine into my spiritual practice! I find myself in a meditative state taking 20 minutes to sweep, dust and clean dishes by hand each morning. Recently a girlfriend of mine came over and said “OMG Andrea, I don’t even recognize your space”!
Months of decluttering, cleaning & donating is finally paying off!
I encourage each of you to rid your home, car and your body of items such as clothing, old books, knickknacks and foods not fit for your highest good.
I use a few special techniques to both clean and declutter my space! Here are the tips!
1) I hold an item against my chest and if it doesn’t speak words of love to me, I find it’s new home for it, or toss it all together!
2) I schedule the Salvation Army to do a pick up once per month. This is also a tax write off!
3) Every morning, I take 20 minutes to clean my floors, dust and do my dishes by hand. I set a timer on the clock and get to work. This is also great exercise.
4) On Sunday mornings I do an intense one hour clean of my home. I go to the farmers market, come home and clean my entire home. Including the inside of my fridge!
5) When I get rid of larger items in my home, I often replace them with living plants to bring more oxygen into my space.
6) I rearranged the furniture in two major rooms in my home. This made a HUGE impact! It feels like an entirely different space!
I hope these tips helped you. These techniques have given me great peace in learning how to love my space all over again. Ridding your home of items that no longer serve you allows you to rid both people and poor food choices as well. Like a chain-link fence our dwelling directly impacts our food choices and our finances.
My goal is to be able to pack my entire home solo in under 48 hours if I need to.
I keep this in mind constantly during the de-cluttering process.
Please share your clean space photos below of your home or office!
I love you, please love yourself
Until then….much love Andrea