Happy New Year!
In 2020 …
May you continue to take brave steps
May you continue to open your heart
May you continue to forgive
May you continue to walk in faith
May you continue to enter into new doors
May you continue to mend even when the mending seems impossible
May you continue to allow someone to rebuild your self esteem as you continue to do the work on yourself.
I don’t know where this road is going but I know I am meant to enjoy the journey along the way.
Here are my Top Five Relationship Tips in 2020
1) Communicate! I cannot express enough with my clients how non communication leads to failure. Be open about what scares you. Talk about your feelings when something doesn’t feel right to you.
2) Learn to be vulnerable! If you don’t know how to be vulnerable in your current relationship you may have a lot of childhood wounding. Or, even worse, you may still be unknowingly holding on to pain from a past relationship. From a woman’s perspective, witnessing vulnerability in a man allows me to feel safe around him. From a mans point of view (as one of my favorite NY city Wall Street clients says) “it’s sexy when a woman is in touch with who she is and can open up.
3) It’s the little things that count! I LOVE leaving sticky notes of encouragement in my partners work bag or, on the bathroom mirror once I’ve been in a relationship for a few months.
Hand written letters, flowers and making food for your partner are absolute beautiful signs of affection. The problem is sometimes these things go unrewarded. This is when people feel used and un appreciated. If your partner pulls in the trash cans every Friday, notice and thank him or her.
4) Have your finances in check! I cannot stress this enough and it was a lesson that I learned the hard way! You cannot and will not have a co creative, loving honest relationship until both of you are financially stable and bringing in a good solid income. If one person is paying all the bills… lets be clear here, you have a “co-dependant situationship”! Not a solid relationship!
5) Last but certainly not least, keep your love and your partner off your social media. In my current relationship I am not tagging my partner in photos. I’m also sharing much less of my personal life. I’ve had my past relationships and partners be infiltrated by a jealous ex who I honestly thought had moved past us. I will not allow this type of infiltration in my current love relationship. Not if I desire it to last.
Thank you for sharing this blog post!
I love you
Please love yourselves
Here’s to embracing SO MUCH LOVE!I
I love you
I only want the best for you
Please love yourself and stay humble