What is your intuition?
One’s intuition is an innate perception of the truth that occurs independently of any kind of outside information or reasoning process. It’s sometimes called a “gut instinct,” or innate knowledge, or one’s inner voice. To say that someone is “intuitive” suggests that s/he is tapping into the subconscious mind, and drawing from any number of deep, inner wisdom of knowing. Intuition comes from pure, untaught, often first-time higher self neurons that you don’t know you possess. Some people find their intuitive gifts come to them from ancient, ancestral knowledge, their heritage, or past loved ones. Others find intuitive messages in dreams, or tapping into their intuition through meditation, journaling, breathing exercises, channeling, or focusing on the present moment.
Is intuition a sixth sense?
Some people may think intuition is a sixth sense but for me, as an intuitive healer, I feel that a combination of mindfulness, self-care, wellness practices mixed with a positive thought process clears the way for our intuition to flourish and grow.
Why is listening to your intuition or “gut instincts” important?
Any intuitive reader will tell you, learning how to listen to your gut instincts is not always about relying on your gut feeling or gut instincts. Sometimes it’s about focusing on the signs and symbols you are led to.
Here’s how to listen to your intuition
- Do your shadow work So you can support you in embracing all aspects of yourself. This experience of self-acceptance is essential for you to love and trust yourself more, which puts you more in touch with your intuition.
- Listening to your body through cellular detoxification and self-care Lets face it, we cannot listen to our gut if our gut is stuffed and bloated from poor food choices. Try to adopt a plant-based living foods diet and watch things shift.
- Rejoice within bathes energy shifts Chances are you’ve experienced the feeling of having a weight lifted from your shoulders immediately after making a long-awaited decision. Maybe you sensed a return of joy or energy, charisma, and physical stamina that you had felt severed from for some time.
- Clear out your karmic slate Clear out past life and ancestral karma will help you listen to your intuition. It’s pretty difficult to thrive in your current situation when past experiences (even past life experiences) creep in. This is where an intuitive life coach becomes life-changing.
- Begin listening to your body signals If we are not willing to open ourselves to reoccurring thoughts, strong internal pulls, and persistent callings, our intuition will use physical signs to communicate that we are not living in integrity with the life we know we want and deserve.
- Utilize esoteric divination tools to hear what your guides are saying
By using esoteric tools such as tarot cards, oracle cards (sometimes called cartomancy), Candle Magic (pyromancy), and or hydromancy, in my practice. This involves lighting a candle for a client and focusing on their intention. With hydromancy, water is used to focus on drawing a loved one near. Whatever tool you choose (sage, Palo Santo, Mexican copal, prayer, meditation) you’’ sleep better knowing your guides are listening and hear your requests.
How to listen to your gut instincts: Our conclusion/Final points/Key takeaways
Whether you choose to take up a mindfulness practice such as yoga, breathing exercises (known as breathwork) or, begin journaling, for the first time your gut feeling will become more and more of your higher self more conscious mind.
What does intuition feel like?
The first time you feel your intuition your mind will be at ease. Your thought process will flow smoothly and your current situation will feel peaceful.
How do I know my intuition is right?
You will know when your intuition is right when decision-making comes easy. Your inner voice becomes front and center. Your self-care should be the center of your world when you are learning how to develop intuition.
Many people make the mistake of not listening to their inner voice and instead throw away their hard-earned money on less desirable psychic services such as kasamba. I do not recommend these mass-marketed types of psychic services as anyone (even those without a conscious mind) can gain over the phone employment within these savvy marketing structures.
You will know when your intuition is right because you will begin to trust your inner voice.
How do you know if it’s your intuition or overthinking?
Life-changing decisions about yourself or a loved one should become easy when you are being led by your own intuition (not the input of others) or the latest podcast about mindfulness.
Should you listen to your head or gut first?
Your head should not lead you when it comes to your own intuition. In order to truly tap into your intuition, you must live in the subconscious mind that can only come from living in the present moment.
Another way to gain conscious reasoning is to hire a spiritual life coach such as myself to aid you along your journey. You may look at the options I offer for intuitive life coaching here and see what package you are guided towards.
Take a moment to differentiate between intuition and ego.
Your dedication to mindfulness and self-care will lead you straight towards trusting your intuition more and more. Your intuition will never fight your ego. Especially when you balance your shadow and your light with intuitive eating practices. your ego will find a million different reasons to say yes or no. your intuition will just tell you the answer. my intuition speaks a split second before my ego, so I tend to trust the first gut feeling I have.
Trust that your intuition has the highest truth.
When you start on the journey of acting from intuition, it can be scary. many of your decisions will feel baseless like you’re leaping off a cliff. have trust that your intuition and the universe will always catch you.
Don’t be afraid of mistakes.
This one is always a difficult pill to swallow! That being said, you’re human! sometimes you will mistake ego for intuition, or forget to check your emotions, or life gets busy and you function from survival mode. mistakes are going to happen, and it’s okay! mistakes are learning experiences and will help you grow.
Accept that others will not understand you, and that’s perfectly fine! Act anyways!
Your life is your own, and you get to do with it what you choose. do not live for the happiness of others. similar to making mistakes, not everyone is going to like you or understand you’re journey. accept that, send them love, and go on your merry way.
Hire a professional intuitive or get a professional psychic reading to guide you!
Whether you hire me or someone else, I cannot tell express to you enough how incredibly helpful getting intuitive guidance is from a true psychic like myself. If this interests you, check out my professional intuitive readings here.